Saturday, June 20, 2009

Congress Been Good To Me

(Read to the tune of "Life's Been Good" by the Eagles)

I have 3 houses all paid for by you
Furnished with antiques you paid for too
I help myself to whatever you’ve got
But if you need me, hey, I can be bought

They say I’m corrupt but they’ve yet to indict
Because I head up my own oversight
Congress been good to me so far

I write legislation that nobody can read
I should serve the people but serve my own greed
On those tough issues I won’t take a stand
But come re-election I’ll hold out my hand
I’ll break every promise I ever made you
Then resurrect them on campaign number 2
Can’t think for myself, walk the straight party lines
With what you want, neither party aligns


My campaign fund is my top priority
If you ain't got money then don’t speak to me
Congress been good to me so far

I can do what I want with total impunity
You’re too busy watching reality TV

You may say I suck but you keep voting me in
I’ve robbed you blind but I’ve still yet to begin

No comments:

Post a Comment